Definition of Pace
Noun: pace peys
- The rate of moving (especially walking or running)
- The distance covered by a step
"he stepped off ten paces from the old tree and began to dig";
- footstep, step, stride
- The relative speed of progress or change
"he lived at a fast pace"; "the pace of events accelerated";
- A step in walking or running
- stride, tread
- The rate of some repeating event
- A unit of length equal to 3 feet; defined as 91.44 centimetres; originally taken to be the average length of a stride
- Walk with slow or fast paces
"He paced up and down the hall"
- Go at a pace
"The horse paced"
- Measure (distances) by pacing
"pace off ten yards";
- Regulate or set the pace of
"Pace your efforts"
Anagrams containing the word pace