Definition of Slur
Noun: slur slur
- (music) a curved line spanning notes that are to be played legato
- A disparaging remark
"it is difficult for a woman to understand a man's sensitivity to any slur on his virility";
- A blemish made by dirt
- smudge, spot, blot, daub, smear, smirch
- (music) play smoothly or legato
"the pianist slurred the most beautiful passage in the sonata"
- Speak disparagingly of; e.g., make a racial slur
"your comments are slurring your co-workers"
- Utter indistinctly
- Become vague or indistinct
"The distinction between the two theories slurred";
- blur, dim
Anagrams containing the word slur